July 15, 2017 is finally here. That is the deadline for submission of moths for the Moth Migration Project exhibition installation at 516Arts in Albuquerque, NM. I know some late entries will come in and they will be counted, but the deadline is important for a number of reasons.
At deadline all registered artists who filled out the on-line form will:
- Receive their Moth Migration Certificate of Recognition postcard in the mail.
- Have their name, as they requested, be written acknowledged on the website,(MothMigrationProject.net), when the website is completed
- Have a dot with their name and the number of moths from their city listed on the website.
- All names will be given to 516Arts administrators to be listed as contributors to the exhibition installation.
- All registered moths will travel to subsequent exhibitions over the next two years. (yes you can still contribute for that!)
Here is a preliminary look at about 2/3 of the moth responders. Each dot represents the registrants name, not the number of people or moths. For example, the The Sevenoaks Kaleidoscope Gallery in Kent England contributed 1,894 and engaged 16 schools as well as their own arts but they are just one dot. We need to work the details on the number of people and moths from a single dot. The site will be interactive, it is not an illustration, you will be able to click on each dot and find additional information.
Links for press and information that is beginning to go out:
Susan Martin and the amazing people from Some Serious Business is doing a tremendous outreach with marketing. Click her for this project.
Click for the ArtWeek.com listing
Finally I would love to tell you the numbers, but I have not added them all up. I will do that in the coming week.
Please share this project, and artist who have already received press, please share a link to the articles! This is amazing international collaboration!